- It is required that students taking 1 or more courses should have access to their own computer.
- Our full-time technician provides front-line support for school-based software.
- All of the software we use or require students to use is PC/Windows and Apple/Mac friendly.
Please be aware of these technical requirements before registering for any course.
Please Note: Chromebooks will not work in our learning environment.
- Operating System – Minimum Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS X
- Must have a system less than 5 years old
- High Speed Internet
- DVD Drive (not required for all courses, please check for the course(s) you are registering for).
- Microphone required for Collaborate online classroom sessions
- Application Software –Office XP (minimum)
- Microsoft Office 365 is provided FREE to all students registered for an Online course. This is a subscription service that does expire when the student is no longer registered in the course(s). Students are provided with a Userid and Password to download the software FREE of charge.
- Office 2010/2013/2016 (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint). Student versions available at Microsoft.com at a reduced cost to students.
- Firefox Browser (https://www.mozilla.org)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader/Flash player/Shockwave player (http://www.adobe.com/downloads/)
- QuickTime (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/) Under ‘Download the free player’ click ‘Free Download Now’.
- Java (www.java.com)
- Use http://www.learn2type.com/ or www.typingweb.com (free trial) or purchase Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, especially if your child has limited typing skills
- USB Flash drive (memory stick) to help move/save files.
- Anti-Virus Protection