Welcome to another year with The Centre for Learning@HOME.
We look forward to working with you and your children this year. Please find below some important dates and helpful information for the 2018-19 school year.
CFL@HOME 2018-19 School Calendar – Click here
Edmonton office has moved as of August 27, 2018 – NEW address is 18207 – 114 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB
Important Dates for the 2018-19 School Year
|Friday, September 7, 2018||First day of classes for online and/or print-based coures.
Short introductory sessions for core (LA, math, science and Social Studies) courses.
|August 28, 2018||Orientation begins for any student who has not taken a online or print-based course before.|
|August 27, 2018||CFL@HOME Edmonton office moves to our new location, Suite 100 – 18207 114 Ave, Edmonton, AB, T5S 2P6|
|August 28, 2018||Many new CFL@HOME Program Enhancement events and activities for our fall programs. Please visit our website to get the latest information under the Events tab.|
|August 29 - September 6, 2018||Click here to see a list of CFL@HOME Information sessions being offered in Calgary and Edmonton (August - September)|
|Monday, September 24th, 2018||Last day to register for the 2018-19 school year space permitting.|
- Textbooks and/or consumable resources (workbooks) are currently being distributed to all students taking an Online course where a textbook is required. Textbooks/workbooks for print-based courses where requested are also being distributed.
- Textbooks are being mailed to parents via Canada Post to the address we have on file. Parents who live near our Okotoks office and register late may request to have the textbooks picked up from our Okotoks office.
The Centre for Learning@HOME logins and passwords for school systems
- FirstClass and PowerSchool accounts for students and parents who are required to have an account are being emailed to the family contact email address.
Orientation: Students taking an Online or Print-based course Grade 1 -12 for the first time.
- Orientation started August 28, 2018
- Educational Assistants will e-mail all new students that will included instructions on how to download First Class and get started with our course orientation.
- Orientation is self-paced. All students must be done on or before September 7. Educational Assistants will call or e-mail individual students if progress is not continuous.
- If you have any issues please contact your Educational Assistant at our main number, 403-938-4119.
CFL@HOME Program Enhancement Information
|Click here to see updates for the 2018-19 school year.|
|Click here to access our event and activity registration system.|
|Click here to view the monthly regional event calendars to help with your planning for the school year.|
2018-19 Fall Welcome Back Picnics
|Please check the regional newsletters for detailed information regarding the Welcome Back picnic near you.|
|September 13, 2018||Grande Prairie, Lethbridge|
|September 14, 2018||Okotoks, Medicine Hat, Peace River|
|September 21, 2018||Edmonton, Sylvan Lake|