Will our online school work for you?
Alberta Education, through a mathematical calculation, expects students in grade nine to achieve a certain standard of achievement in relation to their grade six results. The results below reflect our prior level of achievement. Students who completed grade eight and nine with us achieved +5.8% in Math and +6.1% in LA (average) on the grade nine Provincial Achievement Tests. For example if a student in grade 6 wrote a 72% on the LA 6 PAT, the same child would have achieved 78.1%. A significantly higher result than predicted. Yes, our school does work!
- Christian based, faith focused learning environment.
- Alberta’s curriculum is designed to help students achieve their individual potential and create a positive future. The Alberta Programs of Study identify what students are expected to learn and do in all subjects and grades.
- Courses offer students access to daily instruction and Alberta certified teachers in a synchronous and asynchronous environment.
- Program delivered by certified teachers using interactive web-based lessons and PDF documents allowing for anytime/anywhere schooling.
- Parents collaborate with the teacher to create a personalized education program incorporating resources that best meet the unique learning needs of the student to achieve their individual potential.
- Teachers use an outcomes-based approach adhering to the Alberta Programs of Study.
- Provides students with access to teacher created lessons and assessments.
- Includes materials, textbooks and resources.
- 24/7 online access to student marks. Report cards are mailed home twice a year.
Highly Engaged Learning
- Teachers available via email, telephone and online classrooms.
- Secure student and parent chat rooms promote positive peer relations and community building.
- Parental privileges: secure email, classroom access and learning resources.
- Daily prayer reflections.
- Alberta-wide curriculum focused events, workshops, field trips, etc.
- Daily teacher-initiated contact.
- Online lessons delivered daily and/or weekly by teachers.
- Students are accountable to their teachers on a daily and/or weekly basis.
- Ideal option for students who require structure and deadlines in their program.
- Click here to view our list of technical requirements.
Getting familiar with our technical systems
- Click here to view a list of videos explaining various components of our system.