The Centre for Learning@HOME is pleased to announce our first ever School Council! We need you!
We are seeking parents who have students registered with The Centre for Learning@HOME for the 2021-2022 school year to participate. Membership consists of parents, a teacher, a student, and school administration. Parents from all across Alberta are welcome to join. We are seeking representatives from the following areas:
- Calgary and area
- Edmonton and area
- Red Deer and area
- Lethbridge and area
- Medicine Hat and area
- Grand Prairie/Peace River and area
In addition, we require parent representatives to represent the following:
- Grades 1-3
- Grades 4-6
- Grades 9-12
- Home Education
- Online Education
School councils are structured groups of parents, principals, teachers, secondary students and community representatives who work together to effectively support and enhance student learning. They provide a means for members of the school community to consult with and provide advice to the principal and the school board. For more information visit https://www.albertaschoolcouncils.ca/public/download/documents/40732)
Why get involved?
- Advocate for your child and child’s school
- Stay connected with your child’s school
- Gain a broader perspective on how to best support your child’s school
- Offer views and opinions on important matters affecting the school
- Develop a strong connection with the school administration
- Liaison with other parents in the school community
Our first Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday, September 8, 2021 at 7 pm.
The meeting will be virtual and we will send a Zoom link following your registration.
Registration for our Annual General Meeting will open at the end of August 2021.
To inquire for more information contact Mr. Paul Byrne at email@example.com or at 403-938-4119 ext. 5301.